About the role:
The Technical Advisor will be in charge of providing technical advice and support to the monitoring and evaluation team on a daily basis. The candidate will contribute to the design and assist in the management of program assessments and evaluations by developing the project’s monitoring and evaluation framework, as well as instrumentation tools for the project as needed, such as monitoring data collection forms for the program and clients. The adviser is responsible for leading the team, resolving issues, and ensuring that the project’s goals and objectives are met on schedule, with approved resources and acceptable quality. This is not a direct job opportunity, but a potential one. It is because we are at the stage of submitting our proposal at this time.
About Accord Worldwide:
Accord Worldwide is an international development and training firm. We provide services with a passion to bring about change at the grassroots level. We come from various cultural and geographical backgrounds to make a diverse team connected by a shared vision and mission. Our core value is to develop and empower individuals at the community level, within corporate teams, government entities, and public/private establishments. We believe that in developing the individual with the right skills, they are able to change the environment around them, contributing to the growth of their community and nation as a whole. We believe in the importance of equipping individuals with skills and knowledge, bridging the distance between infrastructure and information, and shaping them into dynamic professionals, making a positive impact in an increasingly competitive world. We connect organizations and teams to be part of community development activities that contribute to the nation’s growth and development.
- Must have sound knowledge of UN peacekeeping missions.
- Must be competent on the subject of media monitoring.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be able to travel to Somalia’s different states as required by the project.
- Must be familiar with UN operations and code of conduct.
- Possess at least five years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation projects;
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Monitoring and Evaluation, or related field is required.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of strategic communications and public information
- Competency and knowledge of the Somali language are desirable.
- For the duration of the contract, the candidate will be based in Mogadishu and travel to various states.
- Lead the project technical aspects and ensure activities are performed on time to achieve project objectives.
- Liaise with different stakeholders and coordinate the project’s technical activities.
- Train the project team on relevant tools and strategies.
- Produce reports and keep data and references for any support to the provided data.
- Ensure the quality of the project outputs, milestones, and deliverables meet the standard defined by the client and lead the team to deliver it.
- Develop tools and strategies that ensure correct data collection and conduct ethical and systematic data auditing.